Azar Hatefi Graduate Student Fellowship in Iranian Diaspora Studies
If you are in need of a scholarship, please look into the 'Azar Hatefi Graduate Student Fellowship in Iranian Diaspora Studies'.
Supports original and significant research about the Iranian Diaspora that crosses disciplinary, regional, or cultural boundaries. Award is contingent upon the candidate’s acceptance into a graduate program at SFSU. This $10,000/year award (with possibility for 2nd year renewal) may be used for expenses connected with research, course work, travel, data work/collection, and supplies. All applicants working on Iranian Diaspora topics should carefully consider whether their work demonstrably engages topics pertaining to Iranian Diaspora Studies. You must have a preliminary project invested
- Applicants must have completed a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution of higher education by August 15, 2021 and must be accepted into a graduate program at San Francisco State University (can be within the College of Liberal and Creative Arts, College of Ethnic Studies or other department or school) to be eligible to receive this award.
- Admission into an SFSU graduate program and completion of a baccalaureate degree may be pending at the time of applying for the fellowship, but must be completed before the award is disbursed.
- The graduate fellow will be expected to finish a thesis project related to Iranian Diaspora studies by the end of the second year.
- Renewal for a second year of funding is contingent on a progress report from the candidate, letter from SFSU faculty advisor, and a meeting with the Director of the Center for Iranian Diaspora Studies.
- Applications must include: Personal statement, two letters of reference commenting on preparedness for graduate-level work in this field, proposal and timeline for completion of a thesis project or developed research project, names of two faculty members at SFSU with whom the candidate intends to conduct research. You must contact the faculty members in advance of submitting your application and notify them of your project and your intention to apply for this fellowship (pls. email Dr. Persis Karim for further clarification firstname.lastname@example.org).