Forty Years & More: International Conference on Iranian Diaspora Studies
FORTY YEARS & MORE: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON IRANIAN DIASPORA STUDIES
Join Us March 28-30, 2019 in San Francisco for "Forty Years & More: International Conference on Iranian Diaspora Studies" for Keynotes, Panel Discussions, and two major exhibitions of Iranian Diaspora Art.
The conference will mark the anniversary of the 1979 Iranian Revolution by understanding the ways that Iranians as exiles, immigrants, and as second and third generation hyphenated citizens of their respective nations, have met with both challenges and opportunities of diaspora experience. Conference presentations in the arts, humanities, and social sciences will present new scholarship and research about the Iranian diaspora from a variety of perspectives and national contexts. Conference speakers include Dr. Neda Maghbouleh, Dr. Amy Malek, Dr. Beeta Baghoolizadeh, and dozens of scholars, thought leaders and artists of the Iranian diaspora.
CONFERENCE AT A GLANCE
WHEN: March 28-30, 2019
State Drive off Lake Merced Blvd. Download Map (PDF)
- March 29-30 – Keynotes, panel discussions, and other sessions
- March 28 – Evening Reception, SF Arts Commission, San Francisco Arts Commission Main Gallery, Veterans Building, 401 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco
- March 29 – Evening Reception, Minnesota Street Project, 1275 Minnesota St, San Francisco
- January 25-March 30 – Art Exhibit: Part and Parcel - Contemporary Art of the Iranian Diaspora, at San Francisco Arts Commission Main Gallery, Veterans Building, 401 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco. Download Flier (PDF)
- March 29 - April 20 – Exhibitions: Once at Present - Contemporary Art of the Iranian Diaspora, Minnesota Street Project, 1275 Minnesota St, San Francisco
FULL CONFERENCE (2 DAYS) INCLUDES:
Admission to all sessions at Seven Hills Conference Center, March 29-30, 2019
2 continental breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 receptions, coffee breaks,
- $75 General, Full Conference (plus $4 registration fee)
- $30 Student, Full Conference (plus $2 registration fee)
ONE DAY CONFERENCE (EITHER FRIDAY 3/29 OR SATURDAY 3/30) INCLUDES:
Admission to all sessions at Seven Hills Conference Center, March 29 or 30, 2019. Please select day upon registration.
1 continental breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 reception, coffee breaks
- $40 General, 1 Day Conference, either 3/29 or 3/30 (plus $2 registration fee)
- $18 Student, 1 Day Conference either 3/29 or 3/30 (plus $2 registration fee)